“I’m telling you, we are closer to World War III,” Donald Trump said.
- According to Google search data, the question, “Will I get drafted to war?” surged to its greatest level since 2007, when former President George W. Bush announced U.S. troop growth in Iraq.
- The search term previously jumped in February 2022 after Russia invaded Ukraine.
- Another search term seeing growth was “How old do you have to be to get drafted to war?”
- The searches come after Donald Trump warned that the United States is “closer to World War III than we’ve ever been.”
- “I’m telling you, we are closer to World War III,” Trump told a crowd in Iowa, cautioning that “weaponry the likes of which this world has never seen before” will likely be used in the event of another world war.
— Remnant Man (@remnantman1) October 10, 2023
WEAK U.S. MILITARY:
- Many have expressed concerns that the U.S. military is not combat-ready.
- American Faith reported that the COVID-19 vaccine mandate had destroyed trust between military service members and their leaders.
- “The amount of coercion that took place to encourage service members to take the vaccine destroyed what little credibility our military leaders had left after the embarrassing Afghanistan withdrawal,” Navy Commander Rob Green said. “There has been a deep betrayal of trust starting with the Global War on Terror (GWOT) to the Afghanistan withdrawal and now finally to the military vaccine mandate with the subsequent targeted removal of conscientious service members.”
- “The initial push for an ineffective, unlawful vaccine followed by it being rescinded has resulted in a betrayal of trust beyond what words can describe,” he added. “There is no doubt in my mind that recruitment and retention will suffer much more than it is now,” eventually leading to a “massive readiness crash.”
- “Unless our leaders take radical actions to hold themselves and their peers accountable, the lack of trust in our military will result in a massive readiness crash,” the commander cautioned.
- In 2022, Senator Maro Rubio (R-FL) and Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) published a report on wokeism within the U.S. military.
- The report cited Critical Race Theory (CRT), transgender initiatives, and LGBTQ protections within the military.
- “The Biden Administration has a disturbing track record of punishing those who object to woke ideology and giving license to those who agree with it,” the Republicans wrote in the report. “Under the Biden Administration, there is a strict standard for those who hold heterodox opinions but no consequences for those who toe the party line.”
- “This flagrant discrimination is fundamentally unjust and cannot continue,” the report continued. “Moreover, it breeds resentment and allows loyalty to an ideology, rather than competence, to determine success in our military.”