Supporting the First Amendment signifies being part of a “cult,” according to Clinton.
- In an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, Hillary Clinton condemned Trump supporters and claimed they are members of a “cult.”
- Clinton claimed that “many of those extremists, those MAGA extremists, take their marching orders from Donald Trump, who has no credibility left by any measure.”
- She went so far as to say there might need “to be a formal deprogramming of the cult members,” saying.
- “Something needs to happen,” she said.
- According to the former U.S. Secretary of State, the MAGA “cult” represents a “classic tale of an authoritarian populist who really has a grip on the emotional, psychological needs and desires of a portion of the population and the base of the Republican Party for whatever combination of reasons.”
- She then suggested Trump supporters are bigots.
- “Maybe they don’t like migrants. Maybe they don’t like gay people or black people or the woman who got the promotion at work,” she said, despite polls showing minority support for Biden slipping while their support for Trump grows.
- Clinton also claimed that an individual being “in charge of their [life]” is another sign of a supposed cult.
- “Make America Great Again was a bid for nostalgia,” she said. “To return to a place where, you know, people could be in charge of their lives, feel empowered, say what they want, insult whoever came in their way. And that was really attractive to a significant portion of the Republican base.”
- “So it is like a cult, and somebody has to break that momentum. And that’s why I believe Joe Biden will defeat them and hopefully then that will be the end and the fever will break. And then Republicans can try to get back to fighting about issues among themselves and electing people who are least, you know, responsible and accountable,” the failed 2016 presidential candidate added.
CLINTON CONDEMNS “FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS” IN MCCARTHY VOTE:
- At another point in the interview, Clinton commented that the recent vote to remove Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) as Speaker of the House of Representatives is a sign that that Republicans are in “an absolute hostage situation with its most extreme members.”
- She stressed her belief that McCarthy was “punished” for voting alongside Democrats, adding, “He was not continuing to be captive to the far-right extremists. So they toppled him. It was a very small number as you look at the vote. But now we’re reaping the consequences of their misbehavior.”
- “At some point, there needs to be a backlash against the control that this small group of extremists have,” she continued.
- Although Clinton claimed the “extremists” led the vote to remove McCarthy, 208 Democrats also voted to remove him.
- American Faith reported that Hillary Clinton claimed former President Donald Trump has been engaging in “projection” throughout his political career, referring to a psychological defense mechanism involving attributing one’s own feelings, desires, or qualities to another.
- “He recently said that he is very unlikely – it would be very unlikely that he would attempt to pardon himself. Do you believe him?” Psaki asked Clinton in an interview with MSNBC.
- “I don’t believe him on anything. Why would I start believing him on that?” Clinton replied. “You know the thing about him – and I’m not the only one person who’s noticed this – is he engages in what psychologists call projection.”