Originally published October 5, 2023 4:30 pm PDT
“Military readiness is currently in a state of freefall,” said a former U.S. Army lieutenant colonel.
- Navy Commander Rob Green is warning that the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for servicemembers has destroyed trust between military service members and their leaders.
- “The amount of coercion that took place to encourage service members to take the vaccine destroyed what little credibility our military leaders had left after the embarrassing Afghanistan withdrawal,” Green told The Epoch Times. “There has been a deep betrayal of trust starting with the Global War on Terror (GWOT) to the Afghanistan withdrawal and now finally to the military vaccine mandate with the subsequent targeted removal of conscientious service members.”
- U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin mandated in August 2021 that servicemembers receive the emergency-use COVID-19 vaccine, sparking hesitancy within the military as the inoculations were not fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- “The initial push for an ineffective, unlawful vaccine followed by it being rescinded has resulted in a betrayal of trust beyond what words can describe,” Green stressed. “There is no doubt in my mind that recruitment and retention will suffer much more than it is now.”
- Green argues the lack of trust within the military will “result in a massive readiness crash.”
- “Unless our leaders take radical actions to hold themselves and their peers accountable, the lack of trust in our military will result in a massive readiness crash,” Green cautioned.
- The impending military crash is a “looming, unspoken mass exodus, and will likely come to fruition in the next three to five years as those who felt betrayed come to the end of their enlistments or reach retirement eligibility.”
PUSHING POLITICAL AGENDAS OVER CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS:
- Commander Green reiterated that servicemembers have lost trust in their authorities because they have “realized no one cares about the physical injuries caused [by the vaccine], or the harm to their individual rights.”
- By denying servicemembers’ right to refusal, military officials violated their individual liberty.
- And instead of maintaining their “oath to defend the Constitution,” military officials have pushed political agendas to determine who is “compliant and malleable.”
- “They want service members who are not willing to stand up for their own rights,” Green said. “If they are successful in purging the military of patriots, the majority of those who remain will likely be exactly what they want.”
- This sentiment was shared by retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel and Military Defense Attorney Davis Younts, who characterizes military officials as “bureaucrats and politicians rather than leaders or true warriors.”
- They “treat their uniform as a costume to be worn in front of the cameras rather than a symbol of their commitment to stand for freedom,” he said.
- American Faith reported that cases of myocarditis increased among the U.S. military following the introduction of COVID-19 vaccines.
- There was a 151% percent increase in myocarditis cases in 2021 compared to the average amount between 2016 and 2020.
- Dr. Peter McCullogh stated the increased myocarditis cases in 2021 was “most likely due to ill-advised COVID-19 vaccination.”