Even as CEO Elon Musk resisted, the government still forced Twitter to hand over the former president’s data.
From The Daily Wire. Special counsel Jack Smith has reportedly gained access to an “extraordinary array of data” from Twitter about former President Donald Trump’s personal account on the platform, according to newly unsealed court records.
The fight to gain access to the account happened in January and February before Twitter was renamed “X” and was met with stiff resistance by owner and then-CEO Elon Musk. …
POLITICO reported that Twitter was ordered to turn over the following information to prosecutors:
- Accounts associated with @realdonaldtrump that the former president might have used on the same device.
- Devices used to log into the @realdonaldtrump account
- IP addresses used to log into the account between October 2020 and January 2021.
- Privacy settings and history
- All tweets “created, drafted, favorited/liked, or retweeted” by @realdonaldtrump, including any subsequently deleted.
- All direct messages “sent from, received by, stored in draft form in, or otherwise associated with” @realdonaldtrump
- All records of searches from October 2020 to January 2021
- Location information for the user of @realdonaldtrump from October 2020 to January 2021 …
What do you think of this news? Share your thoughts and prayers below.
(Excerpt from The Daily Wire. Photo Credit: Jeff Swensen/Getty Images)